- 3D Softwares
- Metrology System
- Additive Manufacturing
- CNC Machines
Unite technology in PTC Creo 3.0 enables CAD data of varying formats to be used directly in the PTC Creo ParametricTM, Creo DirectTM, Creo SimulateTM, and Creo Options ModelerTM apps. As a result, this release enables significant efficiencies to be achieved when consolidating multiple CAD systems onto PTC Creo, as well as when collaborating with others using different CAD tools. These efficiencies enable improvements in on-time delivery, product quality and desirability by allowing design teams to spend more time innovating and less time on non-value add tasks such as recreating design intent and redundant file management.
PTC Creo 3.0 delivers new and enhanced concept design tools that give product development teams the flexibility and control they need to develop higher quality, better designed products. PTC Creo also continues to ensure that efforts undertaken at the concept design stage are fully reusable in later stages of the product development process.
Specific benefits for concept design from the PTC Creo 3.0 suite include:
- AlignTM FreestyleTM design functionality (part of PTC Creo Parametric) enables designers to create and drive freeform designs parametrically, combining organic geometry creation and modification with associative parametric design intent.
- Greater scalability and richer tools in PTC Creo Layout to support 2D concept engineering activities with seamless re-use in the 3D parametric environment
- A more powerful and easier to use 3D direct modeling app (PTC Creo Direct) for quickly creating concept designs that are fully reusable in PTC Creo Parametric
- PTC Creo Design Exploration Extension provides a dedicated environment in PTC Creo Parametric for developing design alternatives, investigating modeling approaches and safely understanding the consequences of design changes. It significantly reduces the current level of manual effort and overhead required to undertake these activities.
PTC Creo 3.0 introduces new and enhanced capabilities and workflows to make everyday design tasks easier. This enables productivity increases and enables individuals and design teams to focus on driving the development of more innovative and higher quality products, while supporting on-time delivery.
Some of the most significant improvements in the core aspects of the PTC Creo suite include:
- New graphical realism support
- Extensive hardware libraries and automated fastener assembly workflows
- New and improved help system with dedicated tools for new users
- New flexible modeling capabilities
- New and enhanced analysis tools
- Core modeling enhancements
- Sheet metal modeling enhancements
“We are pleased to see PTC’s commitment to enabling its customers to increase product development efficiency and output through all of the new productivity enhancements in Creo 3.0,” said Andrew Hermanson, CAD Administrator, Daktronics. “In particular, our team is eager to utilize the Design Exploration Extension. We expect it to give us great flexibility to explore multiple design concepts and the ability to keep those sets archived for future design iterations or as a historical document to remind us why we made a decision – and then move forward quickly.”